When Ricoh was organising our first ever Innovation Summit for a very select group of Commercial Printers, we wanted to create a mail piece that really stood out.
The theme of the Summit was Innovation so we created a special mailer for our invited guests to showcase creative effects using white and clear toner and the latest substrates.
Our mailer comprised a number of different elements.
- A colourful outer wallet which used metallic media with white & CMYK toner
- Agenda card – comprised 2 separate substrates (one and white) bonded together to create a unique effect, with text and graphics printed white down first and white down last on the black side, and images enhanced with clear toner on the white side
- Last, but not least we enclosed a personalised luggage tag using Ricoh’s own non-tear materials
Everything was designed in-house at Ricoh and printed on Ricoh’s Pro C7110x printers at our new Customer Experience Centre in Telford.
The result? First hand experience of innovation before delegates had even arrived at the Summit !
- Metallic effects using Color-Logic
- Wallet – Kernow Coatings Metallic Silver Board
- Black side: Favini The Tube – Nero 340gsm
- White side: Arjowiggins Satimat 400gsm
- Letter – Favini The Tube – Chalk 120gsm
- Luggage Tag – Ricoh Pro synthetic 250 micron polypropylene non-tear